Reasons to Join:
For the Boys:
- Service to Others!
- Being a Part of a Great Team!
For the Parents:
- Leadership Training
- Values-based Program
- Personal growth and development (we grow boys into fine young men)
Closely Linked to Crew 118:
- Most active Venture Crew in the District (Philmont, Florida Sea Base, Northern Tier adventures)
- High-adventure and community service focused group of high school and college-aged youth
- This relationship provides an avenue for older Scouts to stay active in Scouting while participating in high-adventure activities with their peers
Very Active Outdoor Program:
- With at least two summer camp offerings each year, we ensure we have only about 20-25 boys at each camp. This ensures better adult supervision and a better camp experience for the boys
Wide Variety of Activities:
Typically, we offer one or two of the following each month such as:
- Canoeing and swimming adventures
- Hiking and backpacking outings
- Ski trips and snow camping
- Camping in both patrol (small groups pf 5-8 boys) or troop (60+boys) settings
- Rock climbing
- Bike hikes and bicycling camping trips
The Troop sent a number of scouts to the National Boy Scout Jamboree in 2010, 2013, and 2017. Through its association with Crew 118, troop members have been to Philmont (2008, 2010, 2013, and 2017) participating in Backpacking and Cavalcade Treks, Northern Tier (2009, 2012, and 2016) and Florida Sea Base (2011, 2015, and 2018). Several older boys have been employed as staff at Boy Scout Summer Camps.